Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:11:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   C++ Code Help

I am writing my first FreeBSD C++ program. :-)
(I am not very good at C or C++)

anyway, I have a few stupid questions.

History:
(I know I could have done it in perl, but for Hysterical reasons, it had
to be in C++)

I am automating our User Database.  We get a list of paid users each
quarter from our registrar.  So I am taking this list and comparing it to
the password database real name field and creating, disabling, or just
reporting the users depending on whether they have paid for each quarter.

So, My questions:
	I don't know how to convert integer numbers, such as "1500" to an
ascii string.

	How do I rebuild the user database after I have made all the
changes to master.password?

That will do it for now.

P.S. Anyone willing to give me a lesson in C++, in otherwords anyone want
to review my code and tell me how stupid it is in nice words. :-)

Christopher J. Coleman (chris@aries.bb.cc.wa.us)
Computer Support Technician I  (509)-766-8873
Big Bend Community College  Internet Instructor
FreeBSD Book Project:  http://vinyl.quickweb.com/~chrisc/book.html
Disclaimer: Even Though it has My Name on it, Doesn't mean I said it.