Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 1999 03:15:26 +0000
From:      Suttipan Limanond <limanond@enws626.eas.asu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   2.2.5 to 3.2 updates (CDROM)

Hi:

I am planning to upgrade to 3.2 release using CDROM. Basically,
I have two hard disks, the first one that shares with other OS
contains / and swap, and the second are purely FreeBSD
which have /usr/local and /usr/home partitions.

1. My understanding is I can install the 3.2 on the first
disk and bring /usr/local and /usr/home from the second hard
disk in later. Is this correct?

2. Will the ports that I have (.aout format) run on 3.2?
Is there any way to make sure they do? Or I just need to
re-install all of them?

Thanks very much,

Suttipan Limanond.