Date:      Sun, 06 Jun 1999 17:14:49 +0900
From:      Calvin Bowen <ctbowen@sunnynet.or.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Mac OSX (BSD 4.4)

I read recently that a G-3 running Mac OSX ran three times as fast as
Solaris on a Son box and seven times as fast as NT on a pentium.
The article was written by non- Apple folks. The new OSX is based on BSD
- so it doesn't suprise me, but I am a Mac Addict. But I have Free BSD
and Tenon BSD 4.4 on my PC and Mac.
I'd like to get some comments from the die-hard BSD folks. I'm glad that
Apple used BSD rather than jump on the Linux bandwagon, I also have
Linux  and Linux PPC. I think I'm an OS junkie, I have all the OS's
running you can think of...Solaris OS2/ Warp 4/ Windoze 98...PC and Mac
versions as available.

But, I'm bias, Mac and Free BSD are my favorites.

The article appeared in NewMedia. I credit the BSD in the OS, the Mac
part just makes it easy to use.

Also I just saw Free BSD on sale next to Linux on the shelves here in
Japan!

Thanks for your two cents...

Calvin Bowen
Okinawa, Japan