Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 22:38:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
Cc:        Nick Rogness <nick@rapidnet.com>, David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: deX OErrs on crossed link.

>>>>> "John" == John Capo <jc@irbs.com> writes:

John> The de driver for stable will not select full-duplex on some
John> (all?)  cards with MII transceivers.  I posted a patch for the
John> DLINK 570TX quad port card that may work with other 21143/MII
John> cards.  I don't have the patch handy at the moment, check the
John> list archives if anyone is interested.

I totally wan't aware of the existence of the if_dc driver in -current
(which is what I found when I searched the mailing lists for 21143).
Since I'm running -current in this case, this seems to be the fix.  I
may have a -STABLE machine on which to test this out if I had the
patch handy, but the outcome is not as critical tome.

Dave.