Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:36:49 -0700
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Lauri Laupmaa <mauri@inspiral.net>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OT: Re: Disk I/O problem in 4.3-BETA

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 23:26:27 +0200, Lauri Laupmaa wrote:
> "Justin T. Gibbs" wrote:
>
> > command is issued.  We don't actively enable or disable write caching,
> > but instead leave this up to the user to configure (via camcontrol or,
>
> Wouldn't it be good if we had /etc/rc.scsi and such options (like write cache, etc)
> settable in /etc/rc.conf ?

Well, at least write caching is permanantly settable in mode page 8 for
SCSI disks.  So there's no need to set it for every boot.

As for other things, like tags, etc., they're usually set automatically,
except for devices that need to be quirked.  It would be nice if we had a
loadable quirk mechanism, but that hasn't happened yet.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org