Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 18:29:36 +0300
From:      "Andy V. Oleynik" <andyo@prime.net.ua>
To:        Stefan Peter <stefan@omega.ailab.sztaki.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: startx

The problem probably is in videomode U've choosen.
If ur monitor's properties relevant to HSYNC VSYNC
etc dont agree with those choosen X will fail to start.
See ur error log.
try to start xdm in nodaemon mode to see what happened
in real time.

--
WBW  Andy V. Oleynik            (When U work in virtual office
prime.net.ua's                   U have good chance to obtain