Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 11:08:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: leakage in ep-driver?

Dag-Erling Coidan [Sm_rgrav] once stated:

=> To heal the situation I had to (no rebooting, no):
=>
=> 	ifconfig ep0 down
=> 	ifconfig ep0 up
=>
=> Any ideas? Thanks!
=
=You're out of mbufs. Check 'netstat -m'. Add the following to your
=kernel configuration:
=
=options		"NMBCLUSTERS=8192"
=
=The default is 512 + 16 * MAXUSERS. 8192 ought to be enough for anyone ;)

Are those allocated per interface? If not, why is my other interface (de0)
continue to function? I remember running out once on another machine (FreeBSD
2.2 snapshot, circa 1996). There was an entry about it in system log, and
the machine recovered shortly after. Not this time...

	-mi