Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 2004 04:50:14 -0500
From:      "Justin Oechsner" <justino@dctexas.net>
To:        <freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Bsd on Sun Cobalts. When if ever?

If this goes to the wrong team, or person please forward to anyone =
related here in.

Hello, I like many other out there have a Sun system known as a Cobalt. =
Mines a Cobalt XTR. Its an x86 Platform mines (1ghz PIII dual capable). =
Currently there are no BSD Platforms which will install on it. You can =
however install Linux Platforms, such RedHat/Slack/Gen ect ect. after =
you flash the BIOS with an after marker Flash available from Sourceforge =
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cobalt-rom . The current problem at had =
with all of the Cobalt systems is that there is no Standard bios for it, =
allowing load from a MBR. Even though the ROM data from Sun and from =
Sourceforge is all open source. I know you at FreeBSD have put a lot of =
time in to the Sparc versions of BSD. But, is there any chance you could =
lend a helpful hand to the few of us people with Cobalts that haven't =
given up on them, and maybe give the people who have a reason to pull =
them out of the closet? I'm not a asm or C programmer or I'd help. :( =
But I'd be willing to do anything to help.
Sincerely,
Justin Oechsner
me@hinac.com