Date:      Mon, 15 May 2000 15:31:29 -0400
From:      Jeremy Hopkins <jhopkins@rtci.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing jdk1.2.2 on FreeBSD 3.4

I am in the process of trying to get jdk1.2.2 running on a FreeBSD
3.4-STABLE machine.  I am following the suggested guideline located at
http://web.inter.nl.net/users/kjkoster/java/index.html
I have the following already installed. taken from pkg_info

dgs-000510          A display ghostscript system
lesstif-0.90.0      API compatible clone of the Motif toolkit
linux-jdk-1.2.2     Blackdown Linux Java Developers Kit 1.2.2
linux_base-6.1      The base set of packages needed in Linux mode
gmake-3.79          GNU version of 'make' utility
m4-1.4              GNU's m4
unixODBC-1.8.7      An ODBC implementation for Unix

I am stumped when starting to unpack and apply patches. the documents I
have found call coppying the solaris source to a freebsd directory i
made.  Where is the solaris directory I am supposed to be copying? Here
are the directions i am supposed to be following.

% ( cd work; zcat ../jdk1.2.2-src.tar.gz | tar xvf - )

Next, copy the Solaris source directories to the FreeBSD ones. The
solaris source serves as a basis for the FreeBSD build. The patches will
make them FreeBSD-specific.

% ( cd work/build; cp -R solaris freebsd )
% ( cd work/src; cp -R solaris freebsd )

I do the cd work and untar the source and i am left with a jdk1.2.2
directory in my work directory, but I have no build,src, or solaris
directories or anything that looks close.

What am I missing here?  Thanks for the help.

Jeremy