Date:      Sun, 8 Oct 2000 20:27:02 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Images in docs on their way. . .

On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 02:06:57PM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 04:39:55PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> > On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:58:13 +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> >
> > > Depending on spare time I might get to commit all this before BSDCon.
> >
> > That would be absolutely awesome.  It'd be really cool to have Chapter 2
> > of the 4.4BSD book merged in with images before I meet Kirk. :-)
>
> Unless something nasty crops up in the next couple of hours, expect this
> to be committed RSN.  I think I've got a handle on it, all I need to do
> before the commit is update the docproj primer with the necessary
> information so that people can use the support.

Well, good intentions and all that.  Early adopters can go and play now.
The changes have gone in to doc/share/{mk,sgml}, and I've committed a
document that uses them, en*/articles/vm-design/*.  That should be enough
for people to take a look around, and make suggestions and improvements.

Note that at the moment

*** THIS DEPENDS ON THE IMAGEMAGICK PORT ***

which is not listed in the docproj meta-port yet.  I think we can slim down
the requirement somewhat (probably just to NetPBM) but if we wait for me to
do that it'll be Christmas.  I'm sure someone else can look into this over
the coming week.

Because of this, the vm-design article hasn't been turned on in the upper
level Makefile yet.  When this has stabilised slightly it can be turned
on.