Date:      Sun, 03 Jun 2007 19:28:39 +0200
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@uni-bonn.de>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pwcbsd patch for mpeg4ip does not like todays x264

Jemery,

http://raaf.atspace.org/patches/patch-mp4live

>> mp4live compiles when I pkg_add -f some older x264 package over the
>> latest x264.
>>
>> Has anybody experienced this as well?
>
> I can't reproduce it. I can compile mpeg4ip with new x264 just fine.
> You will have to explain better in your report by such as show us the
> errors and other more details.

Yes, the plain mpeg4ip compiled here too, but there seem to be changes
in x264 that are not yet replected in that patch.

The patch is fine, it adds mp4live, which wants video4linux, to the
mpeg4ip port. mp4live is something like Apples Quicktime Broadcaster,
only better ;-)

Btw, can you display H264 video with gmp4player or mp4player? I cant.

Best and thanks!

H.