Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 19:41:22 +0200
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@smith.net.au
Subject:   Re: Any newer code for netbooting PC's?

Garance A Drosihn writes:
> I vaguely remember a few articles go by in the past few months which
> had to do with improved support for netbooting.  I thought I saved
> the messages away, but I can't find them now even though I've tried
> several likely searches of the mailing-list archives.
>
> I *think* they had to do with the situation where you have boot-rom's
> on a PC, and then they can connect to some server to download the
> entire system image to disk (at least, that's what I am interested
> in).  Anyone remember any work going on in that area?

	Imagecast.com.

	Otherwise, you want what two University of Geneva students
	have done (with the eeprom company -- InCom -- mentioned by Mike Smith):

	http://cuiwww.unige.ch/info/pc/remote-boot/howto.html

	This is _very_ good work.
	I will be using it with FreeBSD here on course + prod. machines
	multibooting NT/95/FreeBSD.

--
 -[ Philippe Regnauld / sysadmin / regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk / +55.4N +11.3E ]-

               The Internet is busy.  Please try again later.