Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:14:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      <up@3.am>
To:        Hugh Blandford <hugh@mail.island.net.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD ISP List <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NAT port redirection question

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Hugh Blandford wrote:

> I take it that they are using user ppp through the tun device.  I don't
> know what version of FBSD you are using, but I believe you will want to
> use ppp's NAT.  If you have a look in man ppp there are various options to

Let me clarify:

We already have them running NAT with user ppp just fine, I just want to
add a static port map to an internal printer on port 35.  I found the
commands to do so in the nat man(8) man pages, but I'm a little unclear
about where/how to invoke it (FBSD 3.2-RELEASE)

If you read my post again, you'll see that I put:

natd_flags="-redirect_port tcp 10.0.0.133:35 35"

in rc.conf after the invocation of nat and the interface info.  I just
wanted to make sure this is where it goes, and that I haven't missed
anything.

Thanks again!

up@3.am							    http://3.am