Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 98 13:55:05 -0800
From:      Roger Knobbe <rogerk@tis.com>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        Roger Knobbe <rogerk@tis.com>, andreas@FreeBSD.ORG, andreas.klemm.ak@bayer-ag.de, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, rogerk@tis.com
Subject:   Re: network monitor/visu tool that displays traffic between nodes ?

I've been wanting to write one, but never gotten around to the X-display
part of it; being a text and command-line person myself.  NDG has win95
and/or NT ports of etherman, called etherboy.  Also has webboy and
packetboy which do other useful things.  The closest thing I've seen
to the cool circular etherman traffic display is in the NT version of
sniffer pro (disclaimer: I work for NAI, but not in sales; nor on that
product).  I haven't seen *circular* like it anywhere.  Marcus Ranum's
"Network Flight Recorder" comes pretty close with a grid-based display,
but it's a much heavier weight package (acts as a web server which you
connect to with netscape and browser the statistics).