Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 1998 20:13:34 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   accton on a append-only file ?

Hi,

  I'm trying to setup my system to do accounting in a secure fashion.
I've created the /var/account/acct file with sappend,sunlink flags,
but accton return EPERM.  If I run accton before setting those flags,
it works, but if I (or a hacker) disable acct, I must reboot to reenable
it again (in securelevel >=1 ).

  This seems to be a bug, but I still have much to learn from VFS
before searching for the culprit myself.  Does it deserve a send-pr,
even without patches ?

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis            M.Sc. Student
jonny@jonny.eng.br                 Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro