Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 1995 14:40:49 -0500
From:      amb@j51.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't boot from floppy.. at all!!

I'd like nothing more than to install freebsd on my system.. however it won't
even boot from floppy.

 I got the 2.1 boot.flp and rawrite.  I made the floppy and tried to boot from
it, but all that happened was the floppy light would turn on adn stay that way
but it wouldnt boot... I tried several times and the same thing happens it just
sits there not even reading from the disk.  I tried booting to dos from a
floppy and that worked fine. Then I pulled down the 2.0.5 boot.flp with the
same results.

My system consists of:
CPU: 486-66
RAM: 8
BIOS: AMI dated 11/11/92
SCSI adapter: DTC 3270VL

I was thinking it might be the SCSI adapter which controls the floppies...
but would that prevent it from booting at all?!?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-AMB