Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 23:05:13 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   little translation problems II

Dear FreeBSD doc'ers,

I am writing again to make sure I have correctly intepreted/translated
the Cutting Edge(tm).

Q1) "Use the CTM facility" (=3D the functions provided by it);
                 ^^^^^^^^

Q2) "[...] [developers] giving the users a chance to respond if they
have any issues to raise concerning the proposed change."
         ^^^^^^

Both meaning of "issue" (=3Dimportant problem; important topic.) seem to=

be present here. Is this correct/intended ?

Should I only translate the first one ? Or even both ?

Q3) "CTM does not interactively compare the sources you have with
those on the master archive or otherwise pull them across.."
                               ^^^^^^^^^

I seem to understand:
"CTM neither compares [...] nor pulls them across in any
other/different way"

Ie "otherwise" is a (manner) adjunct within the scope of negation and
here means (more or less) "in any other way". If so, the sentence
should rougly mean: CTM makes no interactive comparison [...]; it
pulls them across in no other way.

But... the intended meaning (ie the push model) is that CTM **pulls**
sources across in **NO** way.

Should I translate "in no way" rather than "in no other way ?

Q4) "If you inadvertently wipe out portions of your archives [...]"
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I seem to understand that "inadvertently" =3D "by accident"
(alternatively, it may also mean "unintentionally" in the Q4 context).

But... the intended meaning is (or should be) that a user is
completely **unaware**, since his/her sources may even be deleted AND
subsequently restored **without** the user even noticing both actions.

Should I translate this last idea ?

Q5) "If you wipe out some portion of your source tree [...] with
anoncvs [you will have to] simply delete the bad bits and resync.
                                             ^^^
"bad" bits (?)=3D partly damaged; partly corrupted.

Many apologies for the dumb questions, and many thanks in advance
for your advice,
Salvo