Date:      Sat, 14 Dec 2002 12:04:04 -0800
From:      Eric De Mund <ead@ixian.com>
To:        Karo Salminen <karo@karo.kaista.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lightweight WMs (was: Libretto 100ct and X)

Karo,

] I have tried ion, evilwm, and ratpoison. They all have their ups and
] downs. I think evilwm is pretty nice, except it has lack of keybinding
] support, and window control features.
]
] What can people suggest for a lightweight, keyboard focused WM?

Here are some pointers. I'm only personally familiar with Blackbox,
which I like:

    Blackbox Window Manager (VA Linux systems shipped with this as the
    default WM for a while)
    http://blackboxwm.sourceforge.net/

    Matchbox Window Manager
    http://handhelds.org/~mallum/matchbox/

Here are several discussions on the topic, which I find more useful than
a straight list of choices such as you'd find at Freshmeat
<http://freshmeat.net/>:

    Slashdot | Matchbox -- a Small Footprint Window Manager

    Slashdot | Best Mouse-free Windowmanager?

    Slashdot | Lightweight Window Managers?

Regards,
Eric
--