Date:      Tue, 09 Mar 1999 17:48:41 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Mike Lane <lane@tfs.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Seagate ST34573N

Mike Lane writes:
> I'm trying to install 2.2.6 on the seagate ST34573N disk drive. The install
> hang while loading the system file to the disk drive. I've tried several
> different ST34573N drives with the same result.

Is that one of the new 9G drives? I forget the numbers but believe the
9G drive was ST34173.

I have installed on the '173W. It was totally uneventful. In the past
some have reported it helpful for FreeBSD to learn "geometry" to use a
Microsoft fdisk to create the initial partitioning of the HD, even if
the first thing you do in FreeBSD sysinstall is wipe that partition
table. In my case with the Seagate 9G HD I had made and installed a 1G
NTFS partition earlier.