Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 22:47:01 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, Theo van Klaveren <havoc@Cal30B054.student.utwente.nl>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about GLIDE...

> well this one was obviously announced with a lot of fanfare!
> I'm glad to see it however!

It was announced, and has been referenced many times subsequently.  It's
only been in the tree since mid-1998, and I suspect that the usual
blindness to improvement that greets so many of these little upgrades has
erased it from most peoples' memories.

(I can even recall bde complaining that the interface wasn't so great
 (which is true)).