Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 2008 22:50:40 -0300
From:      Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: console video modes and console screensavers

On Sunday 03 August 2008 20:34:50 R Dicaire wrote:
> Hi folks...I was using allscreens mode of MODE_282 but I noticed the
> console screensaver never kicked in. When I went back to a standard
> 80x25 mode, screensaver works. Is this normal behaviour?

Apparently it is ..
My kernel conf looks like this (relevant part only):

# VGA
device          vga                 # VGA video card driver

# Vesa support and options
options     VESA            # VESA support (man syscons)
options     SC_PIXEL_MODE   # SC Screen Resolution (man syscons)
options     SC_KERNEL_CONS_ATTR=(FG_LIGHTRED|BG_BLACK) # Kernel message will
be printed red on black

# Splash and ScreenSaver support
device          splash          # Splash screen and screen saver support

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device          sc

on /etc/rc.d

allscreens_flags="MODE_280"

On that scenario, the only working screensaver seems to be "logo_saver" ...
the rest of the screensavers don't work.

More info in here:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2008-July/thread.html#43720

--
Blessings