Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 07:54:39 -0600
From:      John Giacomoni <jgiacomoni@terra.ombra.org>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apache jail

I was going to suggest this as well, and have succeded in making this work
between different hosts.  however there is no real need to have different
hosts.  you can simply use different ports.  Also, by using unprivileged ports,
you get the ability to fire up the jailed vhosts without root.

John G

> I've never tried this before and have no idea if it will work, but you may be able to do the following:
>
> 1)  Set up each apache virtual host in its own jail using internal network ip addresses.  You'd need to have one apache per jail, which I think is what you're trying to accomplish.
>
> 2)  Set up apache running on your main ip address.  Configure VirtualHost directives for each of your domains so that apache acts as a proxy server, forwarding the requests to the appropriate jail ip addresses.
>
> Good Luck,
> Andrew

Code is obstinate like a two year old... with logic