Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 17:38:09 +0000
From:      Thordur Ivarsson <totii@est.is>
To:        "freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Client restriction with "MAC ADDRESS" ?

Hi there,

Do FreeBSD allow me to control traffic from client checked from the MAC
address.

My problem is that everyone is allowed to connect to the network it self
but I need to filter users at the boarder firewall. I will give any user
IP number from DHCP server but if someone fakes IP number then I have
problems.

Some users buy the internet connection then they are given another IP
number, and passed over the boarder firewall. But to be sure I would
like to check if their MAC address matches the IP.

Any solution?

TIA

Thordur Ivarsson