Date:      Mon, 27 May 1996 23:43:17 +0800 (CST)
From:      cclo@csie.nctu.edu.tw (東忙西忙的小孩)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bug of mounting partition??

    I recently installed 2.2-960501-SNAP on my machine, but it crashed
  and became unbootable after I did the following procedure under X11R6.

    I have two IDE HD, wd0 & wd1. /dev/wd0s2 & /dev/wd1s0 are FAT, which
  are mounted as /dosd & /dosc when booting. Today, I want to re-mount
  /dev/wd0s2 as read-write mode, so I follow the following steps:

    [Hazel] /dosc >
     ^^^^^| ^^^^^|------- pwd is /dosc
          |-------------- my machine's named Hazel (hostname)

    [Hazel] /dosc > umount /dosd
    [Hazel] /dosc > mount_msdos /dev/wd0s2 /dosc  <-- I typed the wrong
                                                      directory!
    [Hazel] /dosc > ls

      Then my machine crashed.... I cannot move the mouse pointer, and
    Ctrl-Alt-Del doesn't work either. So I use RESET button to reboot
    my machine. Then, when booting, os-bs tells me that "no operating
    system" when I choose FreeBSD....:(

      Sorry that I don't have chance to re-process the procedure. If it
    is a bug of 2.2-960501-SNAP or of later verson, plz check and correct
    it. Thanx.
--
  羅其鈞(cclo)                                     Kenneth Lo (Chi-Chuin Lo)
  國立交通大學資訊工程學系 87 級  Computer Science & Information Engineering