Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2005 06:40:19 GMT
From:      Chris Bongaarts <cab@tc.umn.edu>
To:        openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/75039: OpenOffice 1.1.2 javaldx crashes at startup

The following reply was made to PR ports/75039; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Chris Bongaarts <cab@tc.umn.edu>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, bacon@smithers.neuro.mcw.edu
Cc: cab@tc.umn.edu
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 00:29:53 -0600

 FYI, I had a similar problem with bind causing crashes on a box that was
 upgraded from 5.2.1.  The problem was that the schg flag is set on
 /libexec/ld-elf.so.1, and a binary upgrade doesn't account for that.  If
 you check the timestamp of the ld-elf.so.1 file and it is older than
 November 2004, I bet this is the problem.  Run "chflags noschg
 /libexec/ld-elf.so.1", then copy over the correct binary version, or
 make obj/make/make install in /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf to get a recent
 copy, and all affected applications should start working again.