Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 14:15:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        zoonie <zoonie@myhouse.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache password box messages...

If we're thinking on the same level, that message (if used with default
HTML 1.x type stuff) is browser dependent. If you are talking about the
realm, then RTFM, because it's in there.

Also, you could use [Java VB]Script to code a custom password-asker-thing.
Though if you don't know the things listed above, it may be more trouble
to do that.

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, zoonie wrote:

> i know this really isn't a freebsd related ISP question but does anybody
> know how to change/customize the text string that is in the password
> dialog box for a password protected page?  i looked though the apache docs
> on their website and through some stuff on the apacheweek website but i
> couldn't find anything on it.  is it even possible?  thanks....

- bill fumerola [root/billf]@chc-chimes.com - computer horizons corp -
-  ph:(800)252.2421 x128 / bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - BF1560  -

	"Logic, like whiskey, loses its beneficial effect
	when taken in too large quantities" -Lord Dunsany