Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:23:16 -0800
From:      Taro Fukunaga <tarozax404@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 setup for ATI Mobility Radeon card

I just installed FreeBSD 4.5 on Sunday. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon
16MB card. I installed XFree 86 4.1 and configured XF86Config, but I get
the following error:

Assigning device section with no busID to primary device
(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

I was able to run XFree 86 4.2.0 with NetBSD 1.5.2, but is XFree86 4.1
supported?

Machine: Dell Inspiron 4100
CPU: 1GHz PIII
RAM: 512 MB
Video: ATI Mobility Radeon 16MB card

OT: FreeBSD is the fastest OS I've ever used, thanks to excellent hackers!

Taro