Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 1996 12:07:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Ed Booij <edb@TFS.COM>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Toshiba Satelite 110CS/810

On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Ed Booij wrote:

> I'm trying to install FreeBSD (CDROM R2.1) and Xfree on a Toshiba
> Satelite 110CS/810 notebook pc. FreeBSD is running right now, but
> I'm not sure right how to configure XFree with xf86config for a notebook.
> What Xserver should I use?
> s system has a LCD color screen, and I don't have any information
> about video modes, etc.

The server is most likely the SVGA server, since Toshibas tend to use the
Chips & Tech video chipsets which are directly supported by the SVGA
server.  You'll want to fetch the beta server from ftp.xfree86.org.

The modelines are the tricky part.  Look in the mobile list archives for
some hints.  A friend of mine just got it up and running a few weeks ago
and it looks pretty neat.