Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 2009 14:59:51 -0400
From:      PJ <af.gourmet@videotron.ca>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to prepare disk for dump/restore

I would like to just partition, label and newfs the disk; livefs wants
to waste my time by installing other stuff like the kernel & man pages
etc that I have not even selected; and if I use postinstall
configuration, that doesn't do anything. Or should I use fixit and then
do the manual thing?
Sysinstall requires already being booted... ???
Or do I do it manually as per Polytropon's recipe of fdisk, bsdlabel,
newfs  mount, dump/restore and use/play? ;-)