Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:03:57 +0900
From:      Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>
To:        dcs@newsguy.com
Cc:        fido@yaahoo.yi.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 setup...

> > (Now I am comfirming a new rc.conf entry which automate above
> > IPv6 prefix calucuration, and etc, for 6to4 interface configuration.)

As I also said in my previous mail with this subject, this is
committed.
If anyone intersted, please try it.

If you have IPv4 1.2.3.4 for your 6to4 interface,
and if you add following entry, and reboot,

  stf_interface_ipv4addr="1.2.3.4"

then your stf(6to4) interface will be automatically configured.

Now 7th and 8th octet value(Site Level Aggregator) for the
prefix of stf interface is set to 0 by default.

To change them, please add

  stf_interface_ipv6_slaid="0000"

and change the value between 0000 and ffff as you like.

Also interface id of stf 6to4 IPv6 addr is set to 0:0:0:1 by
default.

To change them, please add

  stf_interface_ipv6_ifid="0:0:0:1"

and change the value. If you want it to be automatically set
to something like used for your other interface's IPv6 link
local addr, then please choose AUTO, like below.

  stf_interface_ipv6_ifid="AUTO"

Also, the prefixlen of stf interface can be set to longer than 16,
to limit the remote site to some extent of IPv4 address scope.
It can be changed by adding following entry,

  stf_interface_ipv4plen="0"

and change the value between 0 to 31.

> Nice. You have been doing a great job.

You are welcome. :-)

And also much part of acknowledgments should go to other KAME
members, testers and patches contributor for FreeBSD project
and KAME project.

Cheers,
Yoshinobu Inoue