Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:16:51 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        "Brian L. Heess" <brian@commline.com>
Cc:        dirk@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: mod_php4-4.2.1_2 / php4-4.2.1

"Brian L. Heess" wrote:

> Hi Dirk!
>
> Wondering if you could, in the next update of lang/php4-4.2.1 have
> configure run with "--enable-cli" so that the CLI gets built properly
> (ie: so that it does NOT output the darned headers everytime it
> runs...this has been driving me nuts!  :)
>
> Supposedly there's a way to write a script that turns the headers off,
> but that would destroy the way that a script might get developed to run
> under the CLI or module.

Hi Brian,

I do not completely understand you question. As far I can see in documentation
it's true, that the commandline-options "-q" and "-C" are deprecated with CLI.

But the I/O behavior you can get using sth. like
$stderr = fopen( "php://stderr", "w" );
define( STDERR, $stderr );
.
.
.

Also you can edit the port's Makefile and add
CONFIGURE_ARGS+="--enable-cli"
if you want.

Hope I could help a little bit
Jens

> Thanks for any response.
>
> Cheers!
>
> -Brian
> --
> Brian L. Heess, brian@commline.com
> Home 818.507.5965       | ICQ 3356736
> Mobile 818.434.5184     | AIM DMBong

L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W
L     i   W   W W   W   i  nnn    gggg    LiWing IT-Services
L     i    W W   W W    i  n  n  g   g
LLLL  i     W     W     i  n  n  g   g    Friesenstraße 2
                                  gggg    06112 Halle
                                 g   g
Tel.:  +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 91    ggg     e-Mail: <rehsack@liwing.de>
Fax:   +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 92            http://www.liwing.de/