Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 1998 18:58:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Spidey <beaupran@JSP.UMontreal.CA>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Questions=answers <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: upgrading... the handbook!

tried this supfile:
*default host=cvsup.ca.FreeBSD.ORG
*default prefix=/usr
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix compress
doc-all tag=RELENG_2_2_7_RELEASE

cd /usr/src/share/doc/handbook/
/usr/src/share/doc/handbook: No such file or directory.
ls /usr/src/share/doc/
Makefile        papers/         smm/
iso/            psd/            usd/

arrrgh!

I don't understand, what tag should I use?

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Doug White wrote:

> > > Yes, it should.  Perhaps it landed in /usr/doc?
> >
> > Nope. `find / -name handbook` gives me:
> > /usr/share/doc/handbook
> > /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/share/doc/handbook
> > /usr/ports/japanese/handbook
> >
> > Hmmm... where could it possibly be? Is it in the /usr/obj/ dir, but not in
> > /usr/src? how could that be? I cleared /usr/obj/ before making world...
>
> But it got left when you finished.
>
> Oh, I know -- tags aren't applied to the doc tree, so the
> RELENG_2_2_7_RELEASE tag won't catch it.  You'll have to override the tag
> for that collection like you did for ports.
>
> > Thanks Doug! I didn't thank you for all the answers you gave me, and I
> > don't think people thank you enough for what you do. Since the beginning
> > you are there answering my stupid questions with the same patience, so
> > much that I know a lot more now!
>
> Good!  >>:->

Spidey

How 'bout a little ride through your own world?
http://www.JSP.UMontreal.CA/~beaupran/