Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 21:38:43 -0400
From:      "Wes Morgan" <wmorgan@DataBeam.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Reinstall a single directory via FTP?

I've just installed a 2.2.2-RELEASE system via FTP.
(My compliments to the folks who set that up; once
I took care of some problems in partitioning, every-
thing was *very* nice!)

Unfortunately, I then had to restore files from the
machine's previous incarnation as a 2.1.0 system.
Thanks to a missed keystroke, I accidentally restored
/usr/bin from the 2.1.0 backups.  Needless to say,
lots of stuff didn't work.

I've moved over the old libc.so files from the 2.1.0
system, so I have basic functionality.  What I'd like
to do is (via FTP) reinstall *only* the /usr/bin
directory.

Any hints?  I went through the Handbook and didn't
see anything helpful, and a Web search of list ar-
chives came up dry as well.

--Wes