Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 1998 16:51:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Brann <jbrann@brann.org>
To:        jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dladdr hax

John Polstra wrote...
> Could somebody with access to a Solaris machine please compile and
> run the attached program, and send me its output?
>
> Thanks,
> John
> --
>    John Polstra                                       jdp@polstra.com
>    John D. Polstra & Co., Inc.                Seattle, Washington USA
>    "Self-knowledge is always bad news."                 -- John Barth

OK, here goes:

$ uname -a
SunOS mercury 5.5 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-5

$ cc -o jdptry try.c -ldl
"try.c", line 33: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with prototype:
prototype: pointer to void : "try.c", line 12
argument : pointer to function(int, pointer to pointer to char) returning int
"try.c", line 34: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with prototype:
prototype: pointer to void : "try.c", line 12
argument : pointer to function(pointer to const char, ...) returning int
"try.c", line 35: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with prototype:
prototype: pointer to void : "try.c", line 12
argument : pointer to function(long) returning int

OK, so far, so good.

$ ls
jdptry  try.c

$ ./jdptry
argv[0] = ./jdptry
&end = 20c00
&foo = 20bfc:
fname = ./jdptry
fbase = 10000
sname = foo
saddr = 20bfc
&bar = 20bf4:
fname = ./jdptry
fbase = 10000
sname = bar
saddr = 20bf4
&main = 10898:
fname = ./jdptry
fbase = 10000
sname = main
saddr = 10898
&printf = 20bac:
fname = ./jdptry
fbase = 10000
sname = _PROCEDURE_LINKAGE_TABLE_
saddr = 20b58
&setuid = 20bc4:
fname = ./jdptry
fbase = 10000
sname = _PROCEDURE_LINKAGE_TABLE_
saddr = 20b58

I hope that's what you were looking for, this is all greek to me :-)

Regards,

John
--
Prohibit work, prohibit pay - people are dying!
			Situationist International slogan

finger jbrann@doorman.brann.org for pgp public key