Date:      Thu, 7 Jul 2005 13:23:14 -0400
From:      Mikhail Teterin <Mikhail.Teterin@murex.com>
To:        Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kaffe [Was: looking for a Java decompiler]

> PS: regarding Jode, I think we should update the port to forbid JDK 1.5.
>
> š USE_JAVA=šššššyes
> š JAVA_VERSION=š1.2 1.3 1.4
>
> The port is on my "bsd.java.mk 1.0 hunting" list, so you would have
> received a message in the near future regarding this anyway :)

For a while, I considered dropping jode as "abandonware" (no releases since
2001), but people seem happy with it, so I'll try to patch the "latest" (Feb
of 2004) pre-release to build with 1.5.

I don't like forcing javac to use older syntax -- that is not a way
forward :-)

	"Creating tomorrow's legacy applications today!"

Thanks for help!

BTW, any chance to get jdk15 to build on amd64 _without_ manual intervention?
Last I checked, there was still a problem with command line being too long
for Linux' javac :-(

	-mi