Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 22:16:40 -0500
From:      "Steve" <steve@piperscreek.com>
To:        "freebsdquestions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   loader.conf syntax question version 3.2

HI.. well, thanks to all that have advised so far..
I am finally to the place trying to get a second dedicated HD in place that
"IF" I read correctly and understood what others have said that I need to
modify my loader.conf file to have it point to what bsd considers the second
HD.
What I see in the help is that the loader.conf file should have something
like:

root_disk_unit=2
boot /kernel

BUT  bsd says syntax error!
IF this is sort of correct do I need a 'set' before the root_disk_unit=2 ?
Also.. is the boot /kernel needed?

Gads, I hope that I am 1/2 way correct :)
Thanks