Date:      Fri,  5 May 1995 23:19:09 +0400
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        Torsten Blum <torstenb@ramsey.saar.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/news/inn/pkg PLIST

In message <m0s7Q1Z-000OnSC@ramsey.saar.de> Torsten Blum writes:

>> >  - change PATH_OVERVIEWDIR from /var/spool/news to /var/spool/news/over.view
>>
>> I was thinking that we agree long time ago to use /var/news (like /var/mail)
>> instead of /var/spool/news.

>I looked at the mailing-lists archiv and could not find anything.

Look at nn port for example, long-long time ago (maybe 1.1.5.1 time?)
I ask about /var/news is correct and got some discussion and answer
that it is. Try to look original nn porter, I remember that he
answer me that /var/news follows /var/mail style and
it is symlink to proper location.
I not apologe ether way, but we must follows _one_ way,
so Inn must be converted or nn and maybe cnews? nntp? need to be converted.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -