Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:18:41 -0800
From:      Dave <friend@vortex4.net>
To:        Angus MacGyver <macgyver@calibre-solutions.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.3 FTP install

I haven't had installing a cvsup-without-gui package work from the installer
for months;  I'd recommend installing the ports collection with the rest
of the system packages and then build the cvsup-without-gui port after
you've rebooted.  They've toned down the m3 dependencies a bit...it still
takes a little while, but not the 3 days it used to take ;>  Besides, the
cvsup-without-gui port isn't updated all that often, so if you grab the
ports collection via ftp you'll probably have the latest Makefile for
cvsup-without-gui.