Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 14:52:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@hotjobs.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: looking for ram file system (NOT MFS)

well if someone would re-do mfs it would be cool :)
from what the 4.4 book says it's not exaclty the model of efficiency
something about redundant memory to memory copies and the fact that it's a
FFS in memory which makes sense from a certain elegancy point of code
reuse, but not optimization for the media type (ie. virtual cylinders in
memory :) )

of course i'm speaking from my ass as i haven't really looked if
it has been rehauled. :)

-Alfred