Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:16:47 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Here's Lumiere 0.4 ports..

> > <snip>
>
>I took the liberty of checking this out, and making some updates.
>Attached is my version which works on -STABLE.  This is what I did:
>
>* Removed the LIB_DEPENDS on mplayer.  There is no libmplayer.  mplayer
>is an executable, and thus needs to be a RUN_DEPENDS.

My ports tree is getting me pissy (ok maybe, "got" and "ed" not "getting"
and "y").. :-) It is still acting funny. I will have to update everything
soon as possible.

>* Added a missing BUILD_DEPENDS on gob2.

Doh, that's right! I forgot to add this in it. I have the depends on my list
and got blinded on gob2. Hehe.

>* Removed the redundant GNU_CONFIGURE (USE_LIBTOOL implies
>GNU_CONFIGURE).

Cool, I didn't know that. Yesterday, I was read in the porter's handbook, so
I added this.

>* Removed a period in pkg-comment.

Oh, now I see.. I just re-read in the porter's handbook. It said, "The
comment should begin with a capital, and end without a period."

>* Removed the non ASCII characters from pkg-descr.

ASCII characters don't work with ports very well?

>* Added a '/' to the end of the WWW link.

Is it just personal prefer or recommend? :-)

>* Added two patches required for GCC 2.95.4 (thus required for -STABLE).
>* Pointed lumiere.glade to the correct pixmap locations

I just did fix the lumiere.glade in few minutes ago, but your are better
than mine. I use the full path. Yeah, the "full path" again. :-P

I modified lumiere.schemas by remove "@@ -17,7 +17,7 @@" part, because it
doesn't work with either "0" or "false". I don't see why xv is enable by
default, because users might don't have xv install or don't have mplayer
compile with xv. The "@@ -130,7 +130,7 @@" works great.

>The crash is due to a double free problem it looks like.  Adding AJ
>options to malloc will cause the crash.  I haven't tracked it down
>exactly, but it looks like it occurs when self->_priv->box is destroyed
>with gtk_widget_destroy().

Well, I don't really understand this due to my lack of knowledge on
c/c++/gtk. :-) Can I copy your sentences and send it to the developer of
Lumiere? Unless, you are planning or else.

Thanks a lot for help and feedback! Want to write some ports, since I have
no job right now. It keeps me busy to learn stuff. I am learning on Python
right now. :-) I owe you a keg of beer! ;-)

BTW: What's good way to add debug? and doing debugging?

Cheers,
Mezz