Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 22:10:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steven Ames <steve@news.cioe.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   www.edns.com

Has anyone looked at www.edns.com? They offer a secondary set of
top level domain servers that house a LOT more TLDs. Their documentation
suggests replacing the standard InterNIC cache file with theirs, but I
find that just adding a second line for

cache	.	named.edns

works just as well and gives me the added security that if they stop
working I still have all the standard TLDs at my disposal.

I only ask this question here because I wondered if FreeBSD intends
to add their root servers to the standard cache file distributed
with FreeBSD. It'd sure be a shot in the arm for their project...

Anyone got the pros/cons on this?

					-Steve