Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:43:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Keith Woodman <keith@lightningweb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.0 - 3.1 make stop

Just finished doing a
make buildworld      which went fine then did a
make installworld    which seemed fine too.
After making the world I began to build a new kernel before I rebooted the
machine.  About 10 min, into the make of the new kernel I get the followin
error.

make: Don't know how to make ../../pci/smc83c170.h.  Stop

Any clues as to what the problem could be? This is my first build of the
world and am wondering if I messed up in either the syncing of the source
before beginning, or if maybe I should have built the kernel in a different
order than I did. Here is the exact order of things I have done.
1) Synced source to 3.1-stable        cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/cvsupfile
2) ran mergemaster -v
3) selected  the  i option for all but passwd stuff and other things of
the sort.
4) cd /usr/src
5) make buildworld
6) make installworld
7) cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
8) /usr/sbin/config <kernel name>
9) cd ../../compile/<kernel name>
10) make

10 minutes later I got that error. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Keith

	Keith Woodman					Technical Coordinator
	Keith@lightningweb.com				Lightningweb LLC

	      pid 7962 (sniffit), uid 0: exited on signal 10 (core dumped)