Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:48:52 +0200
From:      orm.hager@sercon.de
To:        Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: looking at an IBM ThinkPad T41

Hi,

> > Ethernet, 1yr warranty, Windows XP Pro (which I'll leave on, and dual
> > boot).
> Isn't it three years warranty on all T models?

This depends on the Type/Model you buy. The T41 comes in 3 main types:
2378DHU => Economy: 1.4 GHz,256MB, 1 Year Warranty
2379DJU => Value: 1.6 GHz,256MB, 3 Years Warranty
2379DKU => Performance: 1.6 GHz,512MB, 3 Years Warranty

As everyone expects, the price rises 2378 < 2379.
The letters (DJU ./. DKU) represent the configuration differences.

So, calling a (second hand) Thinkpad just T41 is not enough,
even if the hardware configuration matches more or less.
ALWAYS ask for the Type/Model number and compare the conditions
on the IBM website.

IBM regards Warranty as a feature, like any memory extention, hard disk
etc.
--Orm