Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 2009 19:31:23 -0400
From:      Thomas Dickey <dickey@radix.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Edward Peschko <horos11@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: terminal setup issues on FreeBSD

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 05:22:42PM -0400, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Try setting the terminal type to "screen" or "vt100" (which is what
> screen claims to emulate, although it understands even more extensions
> than xterm).  Better yet, don't set it *at all* and let ssh carry the
> environment value through from the other side.

hmm - no (screen's escape sequences generally are a subset of xterm -
I can recall large chunks missing, and at the moment don't see any
significant counter-examples - it _does_ have a handful of rarely-used
termcap capabilities that you may be referring to ;-).

--=20
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net
ftp://invisible-island.net