Date:      Sun, 05 Dec 1999 23:39:41 -0500
From:      "C. Stephen Gunn" <csg@waterspout.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Who's using 802.1Q VLAN Support?

Just a straw poll here.

I've had some need (and personal interest) in getting the 802.1Q
VLAN support in FreeBSD working well.  I've got access to a couple
of good Cisco Switches, and xl0, de0, and ti0 hardware to try it
all out on.

Who else out there is trying to make use of VLANs?  What success
have you had.  I'll try to keep the list posted on the progress
that I make, in the interim, I've send-pr'd three problems with
patches that you might want to check out:

  kern/15290   vlan fails to maintain IFF_RUNNING
  kern/15291   Bug in Hardware VLAN Tag Support
  kern/15298   Problems with 802.1Q VLANs in -STABLE

Please let me know if you're making use of VLAN's and what
problems you've seen.  I've been given some resources by my day job
to work on it.  <grin>

 - Steve

--
C. Stephen Gunn                          URL: http://www.waterspout.com/