Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 1998 22:14:28 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        jdp@polstra.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dladdr hax

> > > Thats an interesting approach so what happens to a vnode of a
> > > running executable when is mark for delete? I kind doubt that the
> > > vnode goes away while the image is still executing 8)
> >
> > Of course not.  But there is no longer a pathname for it.

Actually, there is; it's in /proc.  8-).  I kind of doubt that
Classes.zip is located relative to /proc, however.  8-(.

> So whats wrong with just simply calling getwcd in the main of the
> program?
>
> That should get us the current working directory which is what is
> needed by java to locate its class libraries.

Because it will return the directory name of where you ran it from, not
the directory name of where the image that is executng is located?

8-) 8-).

The classes are located relative to the image, not relative to where
the image was run from...

The real PITA here is that most of the kludge workarounds being discussed
will not allow the creation of a correct JRE for a java applet that is
being run by an execution class loader from the kernel.  So they aren't
even good workarounds, since they preclude future work.  And that's a
bad thing.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---