Date:      Mon, 7 Mar 2005 18:10:09 +0100
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3 freezes under heavy hdd load

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

Hi.

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 05:38:29PM +0100, cyb wrote:
> Could the freezes come from a faulty IDE hdd (which would mean that I
> better get rid of it), or are there other possiblities.

How much RAM do you have? I also had a freezing problem on a machine=20
with 4 GB of RAM. As soon as I reduced the RAM to 2 GB the machine=20
became stable. I've played around with KVA_PAGES, vm.kmem_size_max and=20
could only influence the time it took to crash the machine.

- Oliver

--=20
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |
|               Ich bin das Internet. Sowahr ich Gott helfe.               |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung aller enthaltenen Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3--