Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 1997 15:36:39 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fd.c and Compaq AERO

As Alexander Hausner wrote:

> There is a problem concerning detection of the pcmcia-floppy
> on compaq aero notebooks. I found some entries in the freebsd-questions
> archive:

Well, this is a heads-up for those who don't read the commit messages
(and serves also reference purposes in the list archives):

The proposed hack looked too disgusting to me.  Instead, i've just
committed the code and documentation for a `flags 0x1' to the fdc
config line (so it can also be specified from within UserConfig).
Setting this flag will pretend a floppy drive 0 of type 1.44 MB,
regardless of what the CMOS says.  This is supposedly a good enough
bandaid for those plagued by the Compaq Aero.

--
cheers, J"org