Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:46:28 +0200
From:      "Karl M. Joch" <k_joch@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   new buildworld brings most of the notebook back to work

after doing the make buldworld/buildkernel/installkernel/installworld again today CEST 10:00 most of
my notebook works again:

i got the floppy back

i recompiled rtc/vmware2 after downloading the ports again and rtc/vmware loads and works fine now

sbc recognices my ESS1879 (kde2 still doesnt play sound, but it is recogniced)

the edimax 4000 pcmcia adapter works fine (needed to remove irq 5 in pccard.conf and set io to 280
instead of 240)

now the open problems are only a few:

rebooting doesnt work. not with shutdown -r now and not with reboot. i need to do a shutdown -h now,
power off/on and the pc starts fine. to make sure the notebook works i used another disk and
installed 4.1 on it from the cd set. with this rebooting works just fine. i compiled my kernel for
the notebook, rebooting still works fine. as far as i remember till cvsup somewhere around the 17th
i was able to reboot with 4.1. then 4.1 had the same problem as i have now with current too.
pressing any key after shutdown -h now brings the same result. immediatly black screen (before any
bios message) and hangs forever.

the second problem cant be really verified at the moment. because suspend/resume works like the
reboot.

best regards,

Karl