Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 22:27:55 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        julian@elischer.org (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new device/bus stuff

> Is there a howto on how to convert drivers from the old to new
> form?

Hmmm, I would be interested too. I would like to convert the if_ar
and if_sr drivers, but they are not as straight foward as the "normal"
drivers, because a chip can have two channels and a card can have two
chips. Or maybe I'm just thinking too complicated about it?

> for example if_sr.c no longer shows up (or is even probed) in
> 4.0-stable. I've looked here and there but I can't figure out if there
> is some ISA_SHIM option needed (it's not in LINT if so).

Oops, I forgot about the if_sr driver. Just change the line

struct  isa_driver srdriver = {srprobe, srattach_isa, "src"};
struct  isa_driver srdriver = {srprobe, srattach_isa, "sr"};

I'll do it when I remove all the frame relay hooks out of the driver.
It has never been used outside SDL and they are not interested in
make it available. If anyone want to use frame relay they can use
the netgraph stuff.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za